- May 14 2022
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Walking Tour of Basking Ridge Village
Join the Mr. Local History Project as we present our annual walking tour of the historic village of Basking Ridge. The event is entirely OUTDOORS!
This approximately 1 hour tour tells the history of the architecture and specific locations as you walk the streets of the historic Basking Ridge village. Listen as your tour guide and local resident adds color to the tour about living in the town. You’ll learn things that you won’t learn anywhere else. The tour is really a fun time to get to know Basking Ridge and is suitable for residents as well as visitors to the area.
What to Bring
The tour is rain or shine so dress appropriately. You’ll be outside the entire time. Wear comfortable walking shoes since you will be on your feet for over an hour. Might also consider bringing a water bottle in case you get thirsty. COVID-19 Protocols – We ask that if you are not vaccinated, have antibodies, or are at risk, please make sure to take appropriate personal precautions.
At the end of the tour we hope you’ll be our local guest and stop in Brush’s Deli for a coffee or a snack, or perhaps walk up to the Washington House for a warm meal and a cocktail.
- Group is to meet at the center of Basking Ridge village just outside the front of the Basking Ridge Presbyterian Church at 1 East Oak Street.
- Parking is available all along South Finley Avenue.
- Please arrive on time as the tour will start promptly at 1:00pm.
- In the event you can’t make your tour, your ticket is transferable but non-refundable. Our people WILL be there so we hope you do everything you can to be there as well.
- In the event of dangerous weather, MLH has the right to postpone the event if the weather affects the participants safety is at risk. This is why we ask for your cell phone number. We will text and email all ticket holders in the event that this happens.