Join the Mr. Local History gang as we venture out on our fist tour, the NYC Subway Underground Tour. Will be going in January 2020. Sign up and we’ll email you the date and time.
- Explore City Hall Park as the birthplace of the NYC subway system, including elements of the famed, decommissioned City Hall Station you can see right in the park
- Learn about the comically short route of the mythical “Subway before the Subway,” Alfred Ely Beach’s Pneumatic Transit System
- See the architectural ghosts of the now nearly forgotten, and partially abandoned, Chambers Street station then nicknamed the “Grand Central of Downtown”
- Use the 6 train as your own time machine as you ride through abandoned subway stations
- Discover the remnants of Union Station as you learn about a hidden art installation thousands of riders walk by everyday
What to know: The tour is 2 hours long, requires 1 metro card swipe and is happening rain or shine! This tour will stop in stations that are all open to the public. Using the 6 train as our own ten-car time machine, we will ride through and see abandoned ghost stations that 4, 5, and 6 riders unknowingly pass through everyday: Worth Street and the famed City Hall Station. We will not stop inside these stations as this would be illegal. Please note the route might change slightly depending on the MTA schedule. No cancellations or refunds.
- Price: $35 per person
- What to know: The tour is 2 hours long, requires 2 metro card swipes and is happening rain or shine! Please note the route might change slightly depending on the MTA schedule. No cancellations or refunds.
- What to wear: Bring comfortable shoes, as the tour requires walking up and down stairs